Every parent and guardian desires to provide as much comfort as possible for the kids — especially adolescents who can barely express any form of discomfort aside through streams of tears and heartrending screams. Rollers, walkers, cribs, and of course, children beds with mattresses are different ingenious solutions that have to provided to make the growth of children pleasurable.
A significant way of providing cushion is by ensuring that when they sleep, it is with maximum comfort.
Hence, this product review article is centered on the top twelve best children beds with mattress in 2019.
As much as you would want to ensure your ward enjoys maximum comfort in bed, you very well agree that it is not advisable to just walk into any open or online store and purchase just any children bed without some measure of education on what to lookout and which brand or product will readily fit into your needs and of course, budget.
Our team has painstakingly filtered through high-quality children’s beds with mattresses from the catalog present in the market as of now. These various products from different brands were carefully examined with your interest at heart, and we have drafted the top twelve best children beds and mattresses that will give you value for your money.
Broadly, there are a few criteria that the children bed with Mattress you’re purchasing must meet before you can claim to have made a good purchase. By ‘good purchase,’ it implies that the children bed and mattress must reasonably be;
All of these critical factors were put into serious consideration when analyzing the various brands of children beds and mattresses on the market, and we can boldly present to you in this article, the top twelve best children beds, and mattresses in 2019.
- Orbelle Trading: Toddler Bed with Soft Tufted Headboard, Kids Wood Bed Frame with Half Side Rails.
- Athena: Athena Anna Sleigh Toddler Bed, White.
- Dream On Me: Dream On Me Toddler Day Bed, White.
- Stork Craft: Storkcraft Caribou Solid Hardwood Twin Bunk Bed, Navy Twin Bunk Beds for Kids with Ladder and Safety Rail.
- Zinus: Zinus Eden Twin Daybed and Trundle Set / Premium Steel Slat Support / Daybed and Roll Out Trundle Accommodate Twin Size Mattresses Sold Separately.
- DHP: DHP Twin-Over-Futon Convertible Couch and Bed with Metal Frame and Ladder – Black.
- Zinus: Zinus Aileene Easy Assembly Quick Lock Twin over Twin Classic Metal Bunk Bed with Dual Ladders / Quick to Assemble in Under an Hour.
- DHP: DHP Manila Metal Framed Daybed with Trundle, Twin – White.
- Mainstay: Easy-to-Convert to Twin Bed Practical Space Saver Wood Bunk Bed, Multiple Finishes with Sturdy Frames, Espresso.
- Stork Craft: Broyhill Kids Marco Island Captain’s Bed with Trundle Bed and Drawers, Twin, White, Twin-Sized Mattress (Not Included), Bunk Bed Alternative, Great for Sleepovers, Underbed Storage/Organization.
- Walker Edison Furniture Company: Walker Edison AZWSTOTES Wesley Wood Bunk Bed, Twin, Espresso
- South Shore: South Shore Summer Breeze Collection Twin Bed with Storage – Platform Bed with 3 Drawers – Blueberry.
Top 12 Best Children Beds With Mattress
Having highlighted these fantastic products, let’s briefly walk you through the key features and advantages that make these best children beds with mattress unique in their way.
First on our list is this masterpiece from Orville Trading. The toddler bed with a very soft tufted headboard. This is to provide some level of comfort for the parent to relax when trying to lull the baby to sleep. The constituent material used in the production of this bed are high-quality solid wood, for the bed frame and side rails and microfibre polyester for the headboard.
- The frame is made of high quality and durable solid wood.
- The headboard is made of microfiber polyester.
- The whole frame is relatively lightweight, weighing about 27pounds in all.
- The frame is designed to use a standard crib size mattress.
- The bed is of outstanding quality.
- It is easy to assemble; hence,e it doesn’t require any form of expertise.
- It comes with side rails to keep the toddler in check and safe.
- The bed can support as much as a hundred and eighty-pound weight. So it’s okay if you occasionally fall asleep after putting your baby to bed.
- Another advantage is that this bed frame is only about five inches off the floor when assembled. This also minimizes the risk of a child rolling off or getting injured when coming off the bed.
- The bed doesn’t come with a mattress. Hence, the extra cost is incurred by purchasing the mattress.
- The screws are gold in color and visible.
2. Athena: Athena Anna Sleigh Toddler Bed, White:
The Athena toddler bed speaks of a perfect blend of creativity, simplicity, and utmost quality. This lightweight bed comes in a variety of colors, depending on your preferred choice. It is made from solid wood and reinforced mattress platform that gives the frame a study quality.
- The bed is made of solid wood, specifically pine of excellent quality.
- It comes with a reinforced mattress platform with six legs.
- There are guardrails to keep the baby safe.
- The frame is lightweight of about 22pounds collectively.
- The bed is made of quality materials.
- It provides you value for your money.
- The guardrails ensure the child is safe in bed.
- The bed comes in different colors to choose from.
- It is not so easy to assemble.
- The bed requires you to purchase a mattress.
- The middle reinforcement isn’t as sturdy as the other four legs.
3. Dream On Me: Dream On Me Toddler Day Bed, White:
The Dream on Me brand is reputed for churning out amazing designs that the safety of children and merges that perfectly with beautiful aesthetic finishes. Little wonder the toddler bed from the company made it into our top twelve best children beds and mattresses in 2019.
Let’s go through the details of this product that makes it just fit for your child.
- The frame is made of solid pine wood of the best quality.
- The bed comes with detachable guardrails to prevent the danger of rolling off.
- There is an attached drawer at the base of the bed for storage purposes.
- All the tools required to enhance easy assembling are included.
- Weighs about 40 pounds and can support up-to 50pounds weight at a time.
- Readily accommodates the standard mattress, which is sold separately, though.
- Overall, the bed is of good quality.
- The guardrails prevent accidental falls off while asleep.
- The bed is pretty close to the floor for more convenience for your child.
- The bed comes in different aesthetic finishes you can readily choose from.
- The attached drawer provides room to store your baby’s items of clothing.
- The mattress is sold separately.
- It needs an extra hand to the more effortless assemblage.
4. Storkcraft Caribou Solid Hardwood Twin Bunk Bed:
The solid hardwood twin bunk bed is a heavyweight sturdy and durable bed made from rubberwood from the stables of Storkcraft. If you’re in search of a sustainable, multipurpose, and readily affordable bed, then this is your best bet.
- It is made of rubberwood with is reputed to be denser and more durable than the regular pine wood.
- There is a sturdy four rung ladder to access the top bed easily.
- The twin bunk bed can either be arranged separately or in layers for more space in the room.
- The bed weighs about a hundred and twenty pounds.
- This product comes in multiple finishes using environmentally friendly material to suit your preferences.
- The rubberwood material is denser, sturdier, and more durable.
- The bed is relatively affordable.
- It comes with a full-length guardrail for the top bed to prevent your child from falling off while sleeping.
- The bunk design makes room for more space in the room.
- It is a versatile design that can be easily converted to two separate twin beds.
- This product doesn’t come with mattresses either.
- Using the bunk bed with the two layers on each other could weigh in on the lower bed and reduce its durability in the long run.
5. Zinus: Zinus Eden Twin Daybed and Trundle Set / Premium Steel Slat Support:
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly top quality bed with a beautiful touch of uniqueness, then the twin daybed and trundle set from Zinus is your best bet.
How carefully the company paid attention to details in terms of the construction and suitability for every family will blow your mind. Let’s spell it out.
- The Zinus Eden twin bed and trundle set is made of premium steel, and you know that connotes durability.
- It comes with a roll-out trundle that can accommodate another bed. This doubles it as a twin bed.
- It is creatively designed to save space.
- It weighs approximately seventy-one pounds.
- The premium steel material gives this product and the extra edge of better quality and durability.
- The unique trundle roll-out design makes room for more space.
- It is easy to assemble with no extra tools needed.
- The product gives you value for your money. Very affordable with equivalent quality.
- It doesn’t come with a rubber cushion to steady the bed on hard floors.
- You will have to buy the mattresses separately.
Buy Children Highchairs With Discount Prices 12 Best Children’s High Chairs – Reviews & Buying Guide
6. DHP Twin-Over-Futon Convertible Couch and Bed with Metal Frame and Ladder – Black:
There are instances where your child wants to sit on the bed and play games with you, or you read some comics together in a relaxed state without having to lie in bed.
The DHP Twin-Over-Futon provides that avenue with ease.
- It is made of metal frame for enhanced sturdiness.
- A unique feature of this product is the twin over futon that can be easily converted to a full sleeper.
- It’s a twin bed design with a full bed at the top layer and the convertible futon at the lower layer.
- It comes with two ladders at both ends.
- The top bed is designed with guardrails to keep your child safe.
- The complete bed weighs a hundred and one pounds.
- The metal frame enhances the durability of the bed.
- The guardrails at the top bed ensure the safety of your child while asleep.
- It is a versatile design with the convertible futon bed at the lower layer.
- It relatively saves spaces in the room.
- The mattress and the futon mattress are sold separately from the bed.
- Assembling takes time, although every required tool to assemble comes with the package.
7. Zinus Aileene Easy Assembly Quick Lock Twin over Twin Classic Metal Bunk Bed with Dual Ladders:
This is yet another space-saving steel frame twin over Twin bed from Zinus.
It is affordable, with no slack in quality and durability.
- The bed is made of a steel frame of the utmost quality.
- The bed comes with two integrated ladders, one on each side for convenience.
- The upper layer has guardrails for child safety.
- The design allows for more space in the bedroom.
- It weighs ninety-three pounds.
- The bed can be easily assembled.
- The steel material makes it more durable.
- The ladders make for convenience.
- There are guardrails at the top to keep the child safe, and the lower layer is close to the floor, all of which are safety measures.
- The steel gets rickety over time.
- The mattresses have to be purchased separately too.
8. DHP Manila Metal Framed Daybed with Trundle, Twin – White:
Every lover of classic decor will deadly resonate with this metal-framed daybed from DHP. It is a multi-functional bed with a trundle that can be easily rolled out for relaxation or an extra bed for sleepover guests.
- The bed is made of metal frames and metal slats for enhanced sturdiness.
- It comes with a roll-out trundle that makes the bed versatile.
- The design is simple yet classic to suit any decor.
- The trundle comes with four glide casters at each corner. The first pair is designed to lock while the other is non-locking.
- It weighs about sixty-one pounds cumulatively, and the daybed can support a four hundred pound weight while the trundle can only accommodate a two hundred and twenty-five-pound weight.
- Consist of high quality material.
- It is a versatile bed with a roll-out trundle design.
- It is easy to assemble.
- This product gives you value for your money.
- It doesn’t come with guardrails but close enough to the floor to guarantee the safety of your child.
- The lightweight makes it less sturdy when compared with some of the brands in this review.
9. Twin Bed Practical Space Saver Wood Bunk Bed, Multiple Finishes:
Another high ranking children bed with mattress that made it to our top 12 best bed and mattress review for 2019 is this simple yet sturdy and durable piece from Mainstay.
- It is made of durable wood with an attractive variety of finishing.
- Its a space-saving design that can also be easily converted to two separate beds.
- It comes with a four-step ladder to make climbing easy.
- To enhance its durability, this bed comes with support slats.
- It weighs approximately a hundred pounds.
- The wood material used for manufacturing the product is top quality. Hence, the bed is sturdy and durable.
- The twin over Twin bed design saves space in the bedroom.
- It can be easily converted to a separate bed to accommodate guests.
- There are guardrails and support slats as safety precautions.
- The easy-to-climb ladder makes accessing the top bunk easy.
- The mattresses are sold separately.
- Wobbling can be experienced when the prescribed weight limit ignored for too long.
10. Broyhill Kids Marco Island Captain’s Bed with Trundle Bed and Drawers:
In apartments where space is a luxury, and optimum functionality is on-demand, this bed should be the next in your shopping cart.
The title and description say it all; it is a twin bed with a trundle and three functional drawers for storage. This is almost unbeatable when considering how versatile and budget-friendly the product is.
- This bed is made of hardwood with non-toxic finishes to suit your taste.
- It is sturdy, durable, and easy to assemble.
- It has a very versatile design with the draw out trundle and the storage drawers.
- Its a heavyweight product weighing two hundred and six pounds altogether, and the recommended weight per bed is two hundred pounds.
- It is durable, sturdy, and provides maximum comfort.
- The attached drawers provide room for storage purposes.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The design helps to maximize the bedroom space.
- The mattresses have to be bought separately.
- It doesn’t come with guardrails, although the bed is relatively close to the floor.
11. Walker Edison AZWSTOTES Wesley Wood Bunk Bed, Twin, Espresso:
The Walker Edison twin over twin bunk bed is one of our top twelve best children beds and mattress review in 2019 not just for its economic features but also for the quality of the product.
- It is made of hardwood material and comes in non-toxic finishes.
- Its a twin over twin bed that can also be converted to two separate stand-alone bed.
- It comes with an easy-to-climb ladder and guardrails for the top bed.
- The whole item weighs about one hundred and twelve pounds, and each twin bed can support two hundred and fifty pounds weight.
- The hardwood material and durable and also comes with support slats.
- It saves space.
- The ladder and guardrails make for convenience and safety.
- It is easy to assemble and can be readily converted to two separate twin beds.
- Mattresses have to be bought separately.
12. Breeze Collection Twin Bed with 3 Drawers Storage:
Last but not the least, on our top twelve best children beds and mattresses in 2019 is this beautiful masterpiece from South Shore.
- It is made from an environmentally friendly particle board that is durable and not the regular pine or hardwood.
- The headboard has mini storage compartments to keep small items, like books, headphones, game consoles, and so on.
- There are three functioning drawers attached to the frame for storage purposes.
- The product weighs a hundred and twenty-five pounds.
- The particleboard is durable, safe for the environment, and so are the non-toxic finishes.
- The drawers and headboard compartments room for storing items.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It is close to the floor to avoid any form of inconvenience to your child.
- It doesn’t come with tools for assembling aside the manual.
- A mattress is also not included.
Safety first. The subject of how secure the bed and mattress is is paramount to any parent because no one wants to wake up to an injured baby who rolled off the bed.
Durability talks of quality and longevity. First is, what is the quality of the constituent materials used in making the bed and mattress? Secondly, for how long can the bed and mattress serve your purpose optimally.
Comfort is the reason you’re not laying your baby on the linoleum or rug when asleep. It’s the same reason you don’t leave a 3year old baby in a crib. It is the reason you’re spending an extra dollar to purchase a bed and a mattress. Therefore, a good bed and mattress must provide maximum comfort.
Affordability is relative according to social class. Hence, a good bed and mattress should be relatively affordable, too, without shirking on quality or comfort.
The primary objective of this product review is to equip you with the requisite information to make an educated choice when next you want to buy a bed and mattress for your child.
Any of the top twelve reviewed products above can meet your need for a safe, durable, affordable, and high-quality bed and mattress.